Chemical resistant tile joint grout for joints of acid resistant tile, epoxy, two-part
Tile joint grout is designed for filling of the horizontal and vertical tile joints with width from 1 up to 10 mm while making protection of the building structures and lining of technological equipment from aggressive chemicals with pH level from 3,6 up to 14 between fitted single-piece acid resistant articles (acid resistant ceramic tile, acid resistant brick). Tile joint grout application in food industry premises is possible (without direct contact with food) and in premises where high demands are placed on hygiene, resistance to mechanical loads, abrasive wear, aggressive agents exposure and humidity.
- It does not dirty the surface of chemical resistant tile made from finely porous ceramic;
- Odourless while preparation and application;
- Allows to create durable tile joints resistant to abrasion, severe mechanical loads and with heat resistance;
- Fast strength development at early hardening stages allows faster facility commission and extremely urgent for operating productions;
- Has good resistance to mineral acids in low and average concentrations (30-50 %), organic acids (up to 15 %), alkalis solutions (up to 50 %), water, oil products, oils, fats and some types of solvents (see chemical resistance list).
Joints shall be dried and cleaned from dust and glue residue before tile joint grout application. They must have rectangular cross section, width from 1 up to 10 mm and depth not less than 2/3 of tile thickness.
Tile joint grout preparation is done by thoroughly components mixing on the worksit. For doing this, it is essential to open the bucket with ingredients B (low-viscosity liquid) and pour it into the bucket with ingredients A (thick paste). These ingredients shall be mixed with a mechanical mixer or low-speed electric drill with a special mixing head to form a homogeneous mixture without stripes and lumps. Special attention shall be paid to mixing the tile joint grout near the walls and bottom of the bucket.
While mixing ingredients A and B it is necessary to strictly keep proportions of the components written in product passport and in the manual. Upward and downward variations from stated proportions lead to the loss of hardened composition technical properties!
TILE JOINT GROUT APPLICATION
Himflex S is applied with special spatula made from hard rubber or flexible metal spatula. Composition operation time depends on ambient air temperature. It is important to take into consideration that the temperature of facing materials and surfaces could be extremely different from the temperature in the premise. Recommended tile joint grout application temperature is in the range from +12º С up to + 25º С. At the temperature of 20º ± 2º С composition operation time is approximately 40 minutes. At this temperature surface can be used in just 24 hours. In case of lower temperatures the possibility of surface use for pedestrian load can be delayed up to 72 hours.
After tile joint grout application tile surface is cleaned with a damp sponge. To make cleaning more effective and less time-consuming the use of Himflex-Cleaner is recommended. Tile surface cleaning should be done before tile joint grout hardened. In case of cleaning delay or if the composition has already started to harden (more than 40 minutes) tile surface can be cleaned with 10 % solution of spirit. If tile joint grout has already hardened, tile surface cleaning can be extremely difficult and could only be done by mechanical means.
DECORATIVE FRAMING OF JOINTS CONSUMPTION
Recommended tile joint width when fitting acid resistant tile with thickness from 20 mm shall be from 4 mm. Joints of smaller width make their further decorative framing difficult.
|Tile dimension||300×300||Tile dimension||200×200||230×113|
|Tile thickness, mm||11||20||30||Tile thickness, mm||11||20||30||20|
|Consumption, kg/m2||0.7||1.1||1.65||Consumption, kg/m2||0.9||1.6||2.2||2.4|
- Not recommended for construction (compensating) joints filling (for this purpose the usage of chemical resistant sealant (mastic) Himflex PU 505 is more preferable);
- Clean tile surface with Himflex-Cleaner before the composition hardened;
- Do not expose Himflex S to solvents earlier than in 1-2 weeks after application (depending on air temperature in the premises where works are carried out);
- Strictly control proportions of Ingredients A and B written in product passport. Upward and downward variations from stated proportions is very important for the outcome.
- Wear protective gloves and glasses while working with composition;
- If skin contact occurs, the area should be immediately and thoroughly washed with water;
- If exposed to eyes, eyes should be immediately and thoroughly flushed with water and seek medical attention immediately.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
- Tile joint grout components (Ingredients A and B) shall be stored in sealed containers in covered storage rooms;
- Modified epoxy resin included in the composition is slightly affected by crystallization that allows storage and transportation even at below-zero temperatures;
- In case of tile joint grout transportation and storage at the temperature lower than 0º С, unpacking of containers shall be made not earlier than in 24 hours after their conditioning at the temperature of 25º ± 5º С.