Designed for interior facing of the building structures surfaces and lining of technological equipment while making anticorrosive protection with single-piece acid-proof and resistant articles (resistant tile, resistant brick, shaped parts).
It can also be used for lining of chimneys.
- Ecological safety (does not contain any fluorine compounds);
- Has very high resistance to the majority of mineral and organic acids in various concentrations and oxidizing agents (excluding hydrofluoric HF and hydrosilicofluoric H2SiF6), oil products, solvents, oils, fats, rich water solutions, environment variables acid-water. Has resistance only to short-term exposure of hot water (residual strength of specimen decreased by 10 % after boiling for 8 hours). Has no resistance to alkali, constant hot water exposure and water vapor. For additional protection from named environments use tile joint grouts based on based on a thermosetting resins (Himflex-2F, Himflex-3C);
- Heat resistance up to + 800º С.
Substrate shall be thoroughly cleaned from, moving particles, dirt, dust, fat and oil stains, scales, rust, paint etc. Acidic surface shall be neutralized. Substrate must have mechanical strength and have sufficient bearing capacity. Minor irregularities less than 2 mm are made even with adhesive. Substrate surface must be dry. Residual moisture of concrete substrate on the depth of 20 mm must not exceed 5 %. If residual moisture exceeds 5 %, free water on tiled surface should be bound with primer. Priming is also necessary when tile fitting on recently installed cement/ concrete screeds (because of alkaline hydrolysis of cement and danger of detachment). For these purposes epoxy water emulsion based bottom Primer EP 01 (can be applied with residual concrete moisture more than 15 %) or modified epoxy based Primer EP 02 (with residual concrete moisture less than 15 %) will be suitable or any other identical material.
Welds shall be released from welding slag (flux) and layers of scale. Remove notches, burrs, welding spatters by grinding, round sharp edges, corners, notches, welding seams. Grease, marking paint or other substances shall be removed from the surface. If needed, before performing blasting, to remove organic contaminants a solvent can be used (white spirit in accordance to GOST 3134). Degreasing shall be made to level 1 (GOST 9.402). Metal surface of protected constructions must be cleaned to the degree of purification Sa 2,5 (ISO 8501-1) or to level 2 (GOST 9.402).
Temperature in the premise where works are carried out and temperature of tiled surfaces must not be lower than +10º С. At + 5º С polymersilicate stone formation slows down greatly and at 0º С does not go at all.
TILE ADHESIVE PREPARATION
Mixing proportions: 1,42 powder (248 mass parts) +0,5 kg mortar mixture (100 mass parts). 1,92 kg mixture = 1 litre.
To mix tile adhesive components in big amounts the usage of special mixer is required. In small amounts these ingredients can be mixed into suitable container with a mechanical mixer or low-speed (300-400 rpm) electric drill equipped with a special mixing head. Mixing shall be done for not less than 2 minutes, than mixture shall be kept for 2-3 minutes for mixture development and then it shall be mixed again for 1 minute. Special attention shall be paid to mixing the composition near the walls and bottom of the container. Portion of acid resistant tile adhesive shall be prepared in amount that could be applied during 20-30 minutes. In 40-60 minutes prepared mixture starts to harden, loses easy application and becomes useless for further application. It is forbidden to add extra water, powder and mortar mixture in prepared mix. Manual mixing of adhesive components is not recommended.
Depends on the type of work performed. According to reference data with recommended layer beneath the tile thickness of 3-4 mm tile fitting consumption is 6…8 kg/m², so one package (sack 20+canister 7) will be enough for fitting 3…4 m² tile.
TILE JOINTS PREPARATION
Tile joints between racked-joint single-piece materials used for further filling with tile joint grouts based on thermosetting resins shall not be less than 5 mm. Joints of smaller width make their further decorative framing difficult. Tile joints shall be cleaned from glue residue and dried before the application of tile joint grout based on thermosetting resins. In case of decorative joints framing with compositions based on furan and phenol resins tile joints shall additionally be preliminarily treated with acid (see Unit Surface use).
If tile fitting was made on primed substrate or on waterproofing, decorative framing with compositions based on thermosetting resins could be done not earlier than in 14 days after tile fitting.
While tile or brick fitting is done by racked-joint method depth of joints filling could not be less than, mm:
20 – for brick and tile with thickness of more than 50 mm;
15 – for tile with thickness from 20 up to 50 mm.
Surface is ready to use for pedestrian load in 2 days.
Full mechanical and chemical loads are possible in 14 days after application. If early surface use under water exposure is demanded, then it shall be preliminarily treated with acid. For acid treatment the usage of 20 % sulphuric acid alcohol solution (20 m.p. water+20 m.p. concentrated sulphuric acid+60 m.p. isopropyl alcohol) or 20 % sulphuric acid water solution according to safety regulations on this category of substances. Acid treatment of joints is also necessary in case of decorative joints framing with compositions based on furan and phenol resins because of acid hardeners in their ingredients.
LIMITATIONS ON ACID RESISTANT TILE ADHESIVE
Tile adhesive use
- Forbidden in case of direct exposure of hydrofluoric acid HF and hydrosilicofluoric acid H2SiF6, alkali solutions;
- Forbidden in case of direct exposure of hot water, water vapor and low temperatures (lower than -20º С) without extra decorative framing of joints with compositions based on thermosetting resins;
- Not recommended in case of direct contact with lumnite cement (additional priming is required).
Tile adhesive application
- Forbidden on substrates with residual moisture of more than 5 % at the temperature of lower than +10º С;
- Not recommended on recently installed cement/ concrete screeds without preliminary priming layer applied.
- When operating with tile adhesive and its components it is necessary to use special protective equipment: respirator, special footwear, cotton overalls, rubber gloves, protective glasses);
- Try to avoid dusting when mixing mortar mixture and powder. Use mixers of closed mixing type if possible;
- On open skin contact of tile adhesive composition or mortar mixture, wash them thoroughly in water with soap;
- It is not recommended to smoke or eat in place where works are carried out.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
- Tile adhesive components (powder and mortar mixture) shall be stored in sealed containers in covered storage rooms (in unheated is also possible);
- In case of tile adhesive transportation and storage at the temperature lower than 0º С, unpacking of containers shall be made not earlier than in 24 hours after their conditioning at the temperature not lower than 20º С.