Tile adhesive is designed for interior and exterior fixation of single-piece articles from different types of ceramic, porcelain stoneware, mosaic, natural stone, stone veneer (flexible stone), fused basalt and steel on cement substrates, concrete, cement-bonded particleboard, wood particle board panel, oriented strand board, plywood, wood, PVC, glass and metal. Application in food industry premises is also possible (without direct contact with food).
This material is designed for intended use and is applied strictly according to given recommendations.
- High elasticity, mechanical strength and adhesion to different substrate types, single-piece articles from different types of ceramic, porcelain stoneware, mosaic, natural stone, stone veneer (flexible stone), fused basalt and steel on different substrates;
- Allows to spread tile adhesive composition over the surfaces, susceptible to vibrations;
- Water and frost resistance;
- Minimal shrinkage (dry residue after resin polymerization is 98 %) and lack of shrinkage cracking;
- High adhesive composition plasticity after components mixture;
- Chemical resistance to the exposure of acids in low and average concentrations;
- Has high resistance to the exposure of alkali, water, oil products, and some types of solvents (see chemical resistance list).
All factors preventing proper adhesion shall be thoroughly removed: dust, moving particles, scales, grease and oil stains. It must have mechanical strength and have sufficient bearing capacity. Residual moisture of concrete substrate on the depth of 20 mm must not exceed 10 %. This moisture is obtained after 28 days since concrete base/ screed has been laid in naturally wet hardening conditions. In case of concrete surface reinforcement, decrease capillary leak of water and binding free water (if residual moisture is more than 10 %) the usage of epoxy bottoms is recommended. For these purposes epoxy water emulsion based bottom Primer EP 01 (can be applied to dry and wet substrates) will be suitable. If technological break between bottom application and further adhesive layer application lasts more than 12-24 hours (depending on the temperature), it is essential to sprinkle calcined quartz sand fr. 0,3-,07 mm on the substrate immediately after priming and spread it evenly over the surface. After bottom hardening extra amounts of quartz sand are swept with brush.
Tile adhesive preparation is done by thoroughly components mixing on the worksite. For doing this it is essential to open the bucket with ingredients B (viscous liquid) and pour it into the bucket with ingredients A (thick paste). These ingredients can be mixed directly into the bucket with a mechanical mixer or low-speed (300-400 rpm) electric drill equipped with a special mixing head. Mixing shall be done for not less than 2 minutes to form a homogeneous mixture without stripes and lumps. Special attention shall be paid to mixing the composition near the walls and bottom of the bucket. Manual mixing of adhesive components is not recommended. When mixing paste (Ingredients A) with catalyst (Ingredients B) it is essential to strictly keep proportions of the components written in product passport and in the manual.
Upward and downward variations from stated proportions lead to the loss of hardened composition technical properties! Freshly-prepared tile adhesive composition must have elastic, homogeneous, pasty consistence, resistant to subsidence.
TILE ADHESIVE APPLICATION
Ready to use tile adhesive is applied to the prepared laying area (primed if needed) with a serrated spatula. This area shall be faced with tiles for 20-30 minutes. Thickness of the layer beneath the tile is chosen depending on the standard size of the tile. For acid resistant tile with big dimensions (with thickness from 20 mm) and in places undergoing severe intensive mechanical loads layer thickness shall be not less than 4 mm and tile joints filling depth can not exceed 1/3 of tile thickness. Tile shall be laid on adhesion layer and pressed, providing necessary contact with tiled surface. If tile adhesive gets on the face of the tile it should be immediately removed with a damp sponge. In case of cleaning delay (after 40 minutes) stripes and stains can be cleaned with 10 % solution of spirit or solvents: acetone, toluene. If composition has already hardened (after 3-4 hours) tile surface cleaning can be extremely difficult and could only be done by mechanical means. Tile adhesive operation time depends on air temperature in the premises where works are carried out. It is important to take into consideration that floor surface temperature could be different from the temperature in the premise. Recommended tile adhesive application temperature is in the range from +12º С up to + 25º С. In this conditions tile adhesive has optimal viscosity and resin reaction capacity. Tile adhesive mixture viability in these conditions will be 40 minutes. After 40 minutes tile adhesive composition rapidly becomes thick and useless for further application.
SURFACE USE (at the temperature from +18° up to + 25º С)
- Surface is ready to use for pedestrian load in these hardening conditions in 24 hours;
- Surface is ready to use for full mechanical and chemical load in 7 days;
- In case of lower temperatures the possibility of surface use can be delayed up to 3 days for pedestrian load and 14 days for chemical and full mechanical loads.
- Clean tile surface before the composition hardened (see Application unit);
- Не подвергайте клей Химфлекс-5КХ химической нагрузке ранее, чем через 1-2 недели после нанесения (в зависимости от температуры воздуха в помещении, где проводились работы).
- Tile adhesive composition contains epoxy resin that has moderate irritant effect on skin and mucous membranes so use protective gloves and glasses when operating with this composition;
- If skin contact occurs, the area should be immediately and thoroughly washed with water;
- If exposed to eyes, eyes should be immediately and thoroughly flushed with water and seek medical attention immediatelyу;
- Premise where tile adhesive is being applied must have local air exhaust ventilation with an air exchange rate not less than 3.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
- Modified epoxy resin included in Ingredients A is slightly affected by crystallization that allows storage and transportation even at below-zero temperatures;
- Tile adhesive components (Ingredients A and B) shall be stored in sealed containers in covered storage rooms (in unheated is also possible);
- In case of tile adhesive transportation and storage at the temperature lower than 0º С, unpacking of containers shall be made not earlier than in 24 hours after their conditioning at the temperature not lower than 20º С.