Primer EP 02
Two-part epoxy primer
Primer EP 02 is an economical light-colored bottom with low viscosity, containing no solvents.
- For making dedusting coating on concrete;
- As a primer on concrete and cement screeds lying on the ground and having weak waterproofing;
- As a protective primer in case of application polymersilicate tile adhesive Himflex HN;
- As a protective primer for metal, concrete and wood surfaces;
- As a primer for polyuria protective coating Himflex EP 04.
- Chemical resistance to (acids, alkali and environment variables acid-alkali);
- Easy to apply;
- Has excellent penetration ability;
- High adhesion to different construction materials;
- Enhanced inter-coat adhesion to further coating of adhesive compositions Himflex 2KX, Himflex 3KX and Himflex 2K in terms of additional functional groups;
- Frost resistant during storage (transportation and storage are possible at the temperature up to -20° С).
Substrate shall be thoroughly cleaned from dust, moving particles, scales, fat and oil stains. It must be dry (residual substrate moisture of not more than 15%), have mechanical strength and have a slope not more than 5 %.
Primer EP 02 is shipped in correct proportion of Ingredients A (resin) and Ingredients B (hardener). When mixing compositions temperature must be from +8° С up to +30° С. Pour all ingredients B (catalyst) and Ingredients A (resin) into container of the appropriate volume and mix for not less than 2 minutes till homogeneous color appears without any stripes on surface. Recommended mixing speed - 300 rpm. Special attention shall be paid to mixing the composition near the walls and bottom of the container. Then pour the mixture into the other container and mix for 1 more minute.
Primer EP 12 is applied by roller. It shall be spread evenly avoiding puddles. Temperature of the substrate must not get lower than +8° С till full hardening of the coating. It is recommended to apply 2 layers of bottom on porous foundations. When applied the material shall be protected from water contact for 24 hours (at 20 °С).
Consumption – 0,2-0,3 кg/m²
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
Primer EP 02 components shall be stored in sealed containers in covered storage rooms at the temperature not lower than -30° С and not higher than+30° С and in a distance not less than 1 m from the heating elements. Warranty shelf life is 12 months if the storage and transportation conditions are observed.
- Wear protective gloves and glasses;
- If skin contact occurs, the area should be thoroughly washed with water;
- If accidentally splashed into the eye, flush with copious amounts of water and seek medical attention immediately.