Elastic epoxyurethane mastic “Himflex EPU 105” is designed to make protective coatings and compensatory (expansion) joints. It is also applied for filling voids in joints in places where building units, ceramic elements abut on metal, polymer drain (drainage) trays. After hardening mastic becomes flexible, elastic, monolithic coating with good chemical water resistance.
- Thixotropic structure resistant to subsidence with possibility to apply on vertical surfaces;
- Does not contain solvents or free isocyanate groups and therefore the mastic is not toxic after hardening can be applied in food processing premises;
- Excellent impact resistance to high and low temperatures, easy to use;
- Wide range of operating temperatures. Mastic shows stability of properties at the temperatures from -40° С up to +60° С. High coating plasticity prevents fracturing;
- High adhesion to surfaces of different origin (excluding polyethylene and polypropylene);
- Possesses chemical resistance to water, alkali solutions, acids in low and average concentrations, oil products, some types of solvents.
Substrate shall be thoroughly cleaned from dust, moving particles, scales, fat, oil stains. It must have mechanical strength and have sufficient bearing capacity. Residual moisture of substrate to the depth of 20 mm can not exceed 10 %. For binding free water on surface preliminary priming is required. For these purposes following our products are suitable: Himflex Primer EP 01 (base – epoxy resin emulsion) that can be applied to wet and dry substrates or Himflex Primer EP 02 (modified epoxy composition), that can be applied to concrete substrates with residual moisture up to 15 % .
Cleaned surface shall be preliminary primed with appropriate bottoms on epoxy base. Welds shall be released from welding slag (flux), layers of scale. Remove notches, burrs, welding spatters by grinding, round sharp edges, corners, notches, welding seams. Grease, marking paint or other substances shall be removed from the surface. If needed, before performing blasting, to remove organic contaminants a solvent can be used (white spirit in accordance to GOST 3134). Degreasing shall be made to level 1 (GOST 9.402). Metal surface of protected constructions must be cleaned to degree of purification Sa 2,5 (ISO 8501-1) or to level 2 (GOST 9.402).
PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
Mastic preparation is done by mixing ingredients A with ingredients B on the worksite. Ingredients can be mixed directly into the bucket with a mixer for 2 minutes. Special attention shall be paid to mixing the mastic components near walls, bottom of container. Before mastic “Himflex EPU 510” preparation it is necessary to check completeness and strictly stick to proportions of the main and hardening components written in manual. Unless otherwise specified in manual component ratio A:B is 9:1 in mass parts. Mastic (sealant) viability at temperature of 20° С after mixing is not less than 45 minutes.
Sealing joints operations are performed during installation or after its completion, also while sealing restoration works. Mastic is applied to joint gap by pneumatic or hand-operated guns of any trademark. In case of repair work usage of spatulas is possible. To surface of panels joint mastic is applied with a spatula, gun or any other device. Operations with mastic shall be performed at the temperature from +10° up to +30° С. Decrease of ambient temperature lowers mastic reactivity, increase its viability. Cleaning of containers and tools shall be done directly after completion of works. Unhardened mastic can be easily removed by hot water with soap, gasoline, acetone. Hardened mastic can be only removed by mechanical means. To count its consumption its density is taken as 1600 kg/m³ (1,6 kg/l).
- In case of long skin contact mastic can cause dermatitis so while working it is necessary to avoid direct skin contact (work in rubber gloves);
- On open body parts contact – wipe it out with ethyl alcohol, then wash in warm water with soap;
- Works with mastic Himflex EPU 510 shall be performed in work clothes for chemical industry in accordance to «Tipovye otraslevye norms» (Model Industry regulations), adopted by USSR State Committee of Labour and Social Affairs UCCTU (Union Central Council of Trade Unions) decree 296/П-10 of 23.09.80. Use of special protective equipment is not required;
- Industrial premises where works with mastic Himflex EPU 510 are performed shall be equipped with dilution and exhaust extractor, local air exhaust ventilation with an air exchange rate not less than 3;
- Sealing chemical resistant mastic Himflex EPU 510 belongs to fire-resistant, non-explosive materials. It burns only if put into ignition source;
- Keep product out of reach of children.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
- Himflex EPU 510 components shall be stored in sealed containers in covered storage rooms (in unheated is also possible);
- While storage, transportation containers shall be protected from direct sunlight, rainfall;
- Storage and transportation temperature must not exceed +30° С;
- In case of composition transportation and storage at temperature lower than -0º С, unpacking of containers shall be made not earlier than in 24 hours after their conditioning at temperature of 20±5° С.